- An initial free of charge interview of 30-45minutes
- Once booked I will provide two prenatal visits to prepare you and your partner for labour, birth and the care of your baby.
- I will help you write a concise Birth Plan, and discuss every aspect of labour and delivery. For example, how to recognize that labour has started; what you would like to do with your placenta; and how would you like the atmosphere in the birthing room.
- I will be on-call for you from week 37 to 42 of your pregnancy and my phone is on alert 24 hours a day 24/7 days a week.
- I will support you physically and emotionally (with out leaving your partner behind ) during labour and birth.
- I will stay with you after childbirth until you are comfortable and in most cases until the baby has breastfed for the first time.
- I will provide one postpartum home visits to reflect on the birth, to ensure all is going well and to help in any way I can (breastfeeding support, bathing baby etc).
- Services are provided in both English and Spanish
Experience & Specialities:
I attended births in Mexico City, Israel and Vancouver in nearby hospitals, birth centres and at home. I have experience with natural births, VBAC, instrumental deliveries, water birth and Caesarean Sections. My clients have delivered using breathing techniques, self-relaxation methods, aromatherapy, gas, induction and Epidural.
I provide massage and acupressure to relieve pain and can discuss homeopathic and aromatherapy remedies, though I am not medically or holistically certified.
Birth Attending includes Pre and Post Partum Meetings
40% payable at the end of first appointment
60% payable the day of the birth
Related Massage Services:
Comfort Measures/Relaxation Techniques for Birth Partners:
45 minute session in your home $75
Infant Massage class for Parents and Their Babies
45 minute session in your home $80